Saturday, October 16, 2010

THE END

  • What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
  • Of the things that I did not know already I think that my favorites were probably Librivox and LibraryThing.
  • How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
  • My lifelong learning goals have certainly been affected.  I think it is important to keep up with the latest web 2.0 technologies.  It will be difficult considering how quickly they pop up but as a future library professional it will be necessary.
  • Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
  • I was not expecting to re-find Lifehacker so that was certainly a bonus.
  • What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
  • I suppose I would try to add more things that people do not already know.  Youtube and Flickr are pretty popular already and so perhaps not as useful to explore. 

     

Overall I think that this was one of our more useful assignments thus far and had a lot of useful information reading-wise.  I think it was helpful to re-think some of the known web 2.0 technologies in terms of the library context.  I most enjoyed learning about the new technologies and wish there were more.

      1 comment:

      1. Hi Sean,

        Congrats on making it to the end. I'm glad you figured out that learning and keeping up with new technologies is something that will never be done. I hope you always find enjoyment in exploring new technologies.

        Robin

        ReplyDelete