Friday, October 1, 2010

#17 More Google

I have used some of the Google tools before such as Google Earth, iGoogle, and Google Books.

-Google Earth - I had installed on my computer for a while just to play around with.  One time I did actually use it for directions to a mall that I had not been to and was impressed with the traffic updates.  Usually I just use Google Maps now though.

-iGoogle - I had this as my homepage for a long while.  I had some apps on my page such as sticky notes (great for more lists!), weather, and a couple of simple games like Tetris.  I do not remember why I stopped using it and I think I might set it up again sometime.

-Google Books - when I was an undergrad (my major was English) my professors were constantly mentioning short stories that sounded interesting so sometimes I would check on Google Books before searching the library and I was surprised to find a handful of the stories.  While Google Books doesn't always have full text for entire books they do often have a preview section (and for some books if you are signed in you get more of a preview) so sometimes the stories just happened to line up with the preview section available.

No comments:

Post a Comment